Professional Google AdWords & Bing Ads Campaign Management in Frederick, Maryland
What is Pay-Per-Click Advertising?
Pay-Per-Click advertising is literally paying search engines (such as Google and Bing) for clicks to your website. Search engines let you buy ads on their search engine result pages pages (SERPs) and numerous other website they have agreement with across the web. The ads link right to your website and you only pay when someone clicks on your ads. Furthermore, you set the amount you are willing to pay for each click, so you have control over your budget. Just keep in mind that if your competitors are running PPC ads too, their ads will appear above yours if they outbid you for the click. This is how search engines make money.
The digital marketing team at 270net in Frederick, Maryland has extensive experience managing professional pay-per-click marketing campaigns. Regardless the size of your business or budget, we can help you develop a pay-per-click strategy that fits. We specialize in 3 different kinds of pay-per-click ads: the traditional text ads on the search engine results pages (SERPs), display network ads, and shopping ads.
Search Results (SERPs) Ads
These run at the very top of the search engine results page, and down the right hand side. These look identical to organic result except they usually include a small “Ad” label or a shaded background. We can control the search terms that trigger the ads appearing. We can also include negative keywords where we do NOT want our ads shown. We can also limit the ads to searchers in specific geographical locations. Prices vary depending on how many other advertisers are bidding on the same keywords in the same geographic region. Google displays the highest bid at the top and work down, then moves over to the side. You will only be charge 1 penny more than the next highest bidder.
- Quickly appear at the top of the search engine results for any keyword.
- Track exposure and conversions exactly.
- Consumers often skip over ads, just because they know they are paid.
Display Network Ads
Similar in concept to the text ads described above, Google’s display ad network is a vast network of over 2 million website owners who have signed up to display ads on their websites and blogs. These can be text, image, interactive or video ads. Google charges the advertiser a fee whenever an ad is clicked and kicks back a portion of this fee to the website owners. The ads must be designed to fit a variety of pre-set sizes. They link directly to the advertiser’s website, and can be set to link directly to a certain landing page within the site, such as a quote or contact form if you prefer. Where these ads are displays can be based on 3 different criteria or a combination of them:
- Pre-selected Websites – You can select the websites that are most relevant to your product.
- Remarketing – Google is smart enough to know what people have searched for in the past, and what similar websites they have visited. Google leverages this info to display relevant ads wherever users go. If they visit your website, they will see continue to see your ads all over the web for a predetermined amount of time
- Topical Content – Ads can be show based on the topic of the specific page. That means regardless of who is searching or what website it is on, your ads can be shown on any page on a Google partner site that addresses your topic.
Similar to other PPC ads, prices vary depending on how many other advertisers are bidding on the same ad spaces, topics or demographic groups.
- You can put your product in front of a very specific audience.
- The visual aspect of the ads can really help demonstrate what makes your product unique or superior to the competition.
- Helps you tap into various specific markets and advertise on a broad range of website, but manage them all from one dashboard with one budget.
- Ads can be easily overlooked
These run at the very top or the top right of the search engine results page when search query include product names or buying cues. There is also a special tab on Google dedicated only to shopping where these are displayed. The ads include one image, a title and starting price. Google determines where and when these ads show up, based on the descriptions given for each product. Unlike text ads more than one of your products may show up for one search. They will show for all eligible searches until budget limitations prevent it. Similar to text ads, prices vary depending on how many other advertisers are bidding on the same types of products.
- These often have lower prices than text and display network ads.
- We also typically see higher conversion rates for shopping ads, as those utilizing these results are closer to actually buying.
- Usually people clicking on these ads are very motivated buyers, so unless your website is a ecommerce site, we would be directing people to a contact form or a place to request a quote or consultation. In some cases this might be more trouble than “shoppers” are looking for clicking on these ads.
- They also require publicly advertising starting prices on your products.
What are the Benefits of Pay Per Click Advertising?
Fast – Can be extremely effective as a quick advertising solution. As opposed to SEO, which takes time to build your authority and climb the ranks, with PPC you can be showing up on the first page of Google win just a few hours!
Limitless Audience Size – If your product or service is not limited to your own specific geographical location, pay-per-click can help you reach a nationwide or even worldwide audience!
Target Specific Demographics – In addition to targeting people in specific geographic locations, you can customize your campaigns to show ads to people in specific demographics sets, behavior patters, specific hours, etc.
Budget Friendly – How much a click costs can vary from a few pennies to several dollars depending on how much your competition is will to pay. The nice thing is that you can determine how much you want to spend per day, as well as set a maximum cost-per-click for any one keywords or ad.
Why Choose a Google Partner to Manage Your Pay-Per-Click Campaign
As a Google Partner specializing in Search Ads, 270net’s digital marketers are Google AdWords Certified. This distinction is earned by passing a series of Google-administered exams every 12 months, using industry best practices to manage campaigns, and participating in trainings and product updates by Google.
As one of just a few digital marketers in Maryland to be certified, we are proud to offer our expertise and our services to the local businesses here in Frederick, Maryland and the surrounding areas. In addition to all of the benefits and advantages listed above, you will receive the quality service that has become a 270net distinctive. Our personal Internet marketers will get to know you one-on-one and help you determine the best marketing strategy to reach your target audience. Whether your budget is $100 a month or $5,000 a month we will work with you to achieve the most bang for your buck possible. We provide in depth monthly reports to benchmark your progress and we actually answer the phone when you call!
From the mouth of Google itself, “You know your business—Google Partners know the web. Let a certified expert manage your online marketing so you can focus on running your business.” We couldn’t have said it better ourselves!
Call 301-663-6000 or contact us today to set up a free consultation.